Tuesday, December 29, 2015

September - Year of the Stash

Lots of things happened in September. One of my older quilts was purchased and headed to Brooklyn,  New York to be on the set of the Broadway play "Misery" starring Bruce Willis and Laurie Metcalf.
 Here is a screencap from the promo video for the play with my quilt on the headboard.

 September also brings the Oklahoma State Fair. I am happy to say that I won 2 more blue ribbons this year and am now considered a master quilter.

 This pink owl quilt was finished on September 14th. I purchased the owl and pink fabric at the Winter Quilt show and bought the turquoise fabric at Savage Quilter.

 I finished this Audubon style bird quilt on September 15th. I purchased the fabric at the Central Oklahoma Quilt Show in July.

This mermaid quilt was finished on September 16th. My daughter picked out the fabric at Sooner Quilts in Guthrie.

 This blue and yellow quilt was finished on September 17. I bought the fabric at the Central Oklahoma Quilt Show in July.

 Finished this snowman quilt on September 22nd. Fabric was purchased at the Central Oklahoma Quilt Show in July.

This quilt is a row sampler. The pattern was in one of my very first quilting books, I was just waiting for the right fabric to come along. I found a line of 1930's style fabrics in January and decided to use those. I worked on this quilt on and off from February until I finished it September 26th. It's an oversize twin. It's definitely the most "traditional" quilt that I've made.

Year of the Stash - Running Total - 52 quilts

1 comment:

  1. Just come to your site via a link on customers suck.

    I like your work from the image I can see that you are very skilful. The quilts are very impressive.

    ReplyDelete